Strathcona County has chosen Microsoft Office 365 Online as its enterprise-wide platform for communication, content and collaboration. This platform influences the way that all employees and partners will create, manage and share content and communicate within the organization.
As the SharePoint Developer, you will be responsible for improving the adoption and value of the 0365 platform by assisting with the deployment of 0365 corporately by: enhancing the capabilities of SharePoint, supporting the administration of SharePoint, developing simple solutions for the business users, and supporting the overall Digital Workplace program.
- Design and develop custom apps, web parts, workflows and components for SharePoint, development of custom solutions to meet the business needs
- Work with the appropriate IT teams to optimize workflows with business processes, systems and data integrations
- Support the development of an enterprise-wide solution architecture; related to data management, content management and service management
- Aid in automating administrative tasks and generating performance and usage reports – ideally using PowerShell scripts
- Creation of complex solutions that are easy to use by the user. Such as; site templates, master reference lists, lists with parent-child relationships, forms with complex workflows, custom web parts
- Work with team to determine root causes of performance issues and resolve
- Provide day-to-day Tier II end user support, plus regularly scheduled training and education for users. Assist in the ongoing success of a SharePoint Champions a community of enthusiastic 0365 users
- Back fill for SharePoint Administrator when not available
- Write procedures, processes, support and technical materials as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced experience in working within 0365 Online and its key applications (Teams, Power Apps, Forms, Flow)
- Ability to develop in PowerShell, C#, .NET and work with SharePoint PnP
- Responsible for working independently, well organized and self-motivated. Can communicate effectively with stakeholders, verbally and in writing. Work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams which include customer stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, designers, developers, testers and systems personnel
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and discretion in dealing with difficult situations and/or respond to internal/external enquiries
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and business needs
- Post Secondary Diploma and 4 years related experience or a Post Secondary Degree and 2 years related experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with developing and delivering complex Share Point and 0365 Solutions
- Experience with SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
- Experience with Microsoft Graph is an asset
- Experience in a business environment like Strathcona County, other large enterprise with multiple business lines, or in one or more levels of government is an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #232-2019-EXT-ITS closes September 4, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.