Lead the management of corporate information on O365 online
The Digital Information Analyst will apply document and records management concepts to our Office365 environment, to ensure all files managed within SharePoint are compliant with our corporate file plan. This role ensures integrity and authenticity of the County’s digital information and provides expertise and support for storage, destruction and archiving of digital document and media.
The Digital Information Analyst will be a leader in developing information architectures, developing and administering policies and labels, defining content types, and applying standards for terms and metadata at the business and corporate levels. This position will have responsibility for managing and executing the digital records management program.
- Manage and maintain the Corporate File Plan, which identifies all content types and their relevant characteristics. Ensures that all digital information is accounted for and compliant with this File Plan
- Lead the build of SharePoint Sites with the support of the SharePoint team and the business unit. This position should be comfortable leading the discussion of information architecture, design site templates, customized sensitivity labels, managed metadata columns, term store, defining content types, policies and labels for retention
- Assist the SharePoint Site Administrators with the management of their digital content. Provide training and support to continuously improve the structure and metadata to optimize how files are stored and accessed
- Conduct periodic records management quality control reviews, run regular usage, security, and compliance reports audits, to measure the effectiveness of the digital records management program. Resolve any issues with the user or platform
- Ensure that when digital records are ready for destruction, that the proper processes are followed, and a certificate of destruction is created and managed
- Establishes performance metrics for record keeping, carries out measurement of key performance indicators, and acts to safeguard the integrity of the records system
- Establish and maintain all appropriate standards, directives, procedures and processes as required
Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in content and records management and applying best practices across an organization
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and discretion in dealing with difficult situations and/or respond to internal/external enquiries
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Post Secondary Diploma and 3 years related experience or a Post Secondary Degree and 1-year related experience
- Experience with record management systems
- Experience with SharePoint information governance, particularly SharePoint Online
- Related certifications (AllM, PMI, and ARMA) are an asset
- Experience in a municipal environment and knowledge of applicable legislation (MGA, FOIP, and ISO 15489) is an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #231-2019-EXT-ITS closes September 4, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.