The Victim Services Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Victims Services Supervisor and is responsible for coordinating, planning, mentoring and supporting volunteer engagement and morale to achieve and maintain Solicitor General standards for all Victim Services volunteers.
- Manage communication with volunteers, guide, support and orient advocates, coordinate shift schedules and manage schedule changes, resolve conflict, monitor the security clearance process for advocates and oversee the volunteer training program
- Plan and coordinate volunteer appreciation and team building events and activities, including activities with stakeholders and like-minded community agencies
- Perform general office administration functions such as file update, statistical reporting, maintaining call-out lists and assisting the Victim Services Supervisor
- Manage incoming client related calls and attend call-outs as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with respect for confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Ability to work within a stressful environment and to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Ability to think independently and creatively to evaluate and manage volunteer expectations
- Knowledge of the Victim Services mandate and the criminal justice process
- Post-secondary education in Social Work, Criminal Justice, Volunteer Management or related field with five years related work experience; equivalencies in experience and education may be considered
- Experience with conflict management and critical incident stress management
- Experience working within the justice system is preferred
- Completion of Solicitor General Victim Services Advocate Online course is an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain an RCMP enhanced security clearance
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector check
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #230-2019-EXT-RCM closes August 20, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.