Are you looking for flexibility in your work schedule and hours? Do you enjoy working with the public and providing high quality customer service?
We are seeking Facility Monitors to join Strathcona County at Millennium Place and Ardrossan Recreation Complex.
The Facility Monitors primary role is to deliver an excellent customer experience in a pleasant, positive and professional manner while ensuring a safe environment.
- Engage with guests of all ages throughout our spontaneous use/childcare areas by asking questions, actively listening and providing options that will assist them to have an enjoyable experience
- Ensure spaces are safe, clean and ready for use by guests
- Check for proof of payment and record the number of guests in each activity area
- Provide information to guests regarding the variety of leisure activities available throughout Strathcona County
- Provide first aid to guests and assist in emergency situations
- Follow safe work practices
- Take a genuine interest in upholding the values of Strathcona County and providing exceptional industry leading service
Skills and Abilities
- A team player and self-starter; ability to perform tasks as assigned but also recognize opportunities to contribute to the team’s overall success
- Ability to interact positively with guests, co-workers and supervisors using strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to visually monitor a large area with active participants
- Position specific qualifications include:
- Comfortable on ice to monitor public skating (proficient skating ability an asset)
- Ability to provide childcare in a safe, nurturing environment within set ratio
- Working with large numbers of youth/children
- High School Diploma (or working toward), and one year working with the public in a public service setting is strongly encouraged
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR- Level C certification is required
- Previous experience in leading group recreation activities is an asset
- HIGH FIVE ® Principles of Healthy Child Development training is an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Submission of satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
- Good physical condition to perform active supervision and some manual labour
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #197-2019-EXT-RPC closes June 27, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.