As a Customer Service Representative, you will be a wealth of information. In listening to guests’ needs, you will be able to provide them with timely and applicable information regarding products, services, and events. You will happily process our guests’ payments in return for great options such as gift cards, a selection of recreation programs, passes, facility memberships, and unique art events in the community. Since our facilities offer a wide variety of options for many different venues, you will play a part in processing facility bookings and creating the building use schedules so everyone knows, the who, what, and where each day. Does being organized and having attention to detail get you jumping out of bed each morning? Are your cash handling skills and computer experience the talk of the town? And speaking of talk, your excellent communication skills will be given a workout as a Customer Service Representative. These are just a few of the talents we are looking for you to bring to our team.
Each day is a unique experience at Recreation, Parks and Culture. If you enjoy the challenge of new situations and you are energized by dealing with the public, we invite you to apply for the Customer Service Representative I position at one of our amazing facilities (Ardrossan Recreation Complex, Millennium Place, Glen Allan Recreation Complex, Kinsmen Leisure Center, Emerald Hills Leisure Center, and Festival Place).
- Interact with guests in person, by telephone, and electronically to provide knowledgeable, timely, and current information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products, services, and events
- Book all facilities spaces for guests, organizations, and school groups using Intelli Facility Booking Software
- Support and assist the Supervisor and Facility Supervisor by completing administrative and support tasks which ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the facility
- Respond to unpredictable or volatile situations including first aid, building emergencies, or a lost child
- Must be cautious and constantly aware of personal safety when handling large amounts of cash
- Proactively address guest concerns and feedback
- Identify, develop and implement initiatives and opportunities for guest retention
Skills and Abilities
- Positive and professional attitude with strong communication skills to facilitate positive interactions with diverse groups of individuals including; co-workers, superiors, and customers
- Exceptional ability to work in a team fostered environment
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and e-mail
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, manage and balance a variety of interests and objectives
- Self-directed and motivated
- Minimum completion of Grade 10, High School Diploma preferred
- Minimum one year of previous experience in a fast-paced customer/guest service environment
- Previous cash handling experience an asset
- Knowledge of Class and/or ticketing software considered an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory criminal record check
- Completion of Standard First Aid/CPR Certification
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #196-2020-EXT-RPC closes November 6, 2020
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.