This posting is for one Temporary, Full-time position for up to 12 months
As a Technical Application Analyst, you will be responsible for application implementation and delivery to ensure the successful roll-out of technologies within Strathcona County. In addition to implementation and delivery, this role will also perform system configuration, design integrations, quality assurance, documentation, training, and production support.
Benefits of this role include 75% employer-paid health and dental care with a flexible health or wellness spending account, participation in an earned day off program, and three (3) weeks of vacation time.
- Install and configure new software and hardware services
- Perform software upgrades, including service packs, and patches
- Maintain technical support documentation
- Modify software code and scripts
- Build, design and support system to system integrations
- Recurring maintenance, monitoring, and testing activities to ensure the reliability, availability, and sustainability of the supporting technology assets to ensure service levels are met
- Build and unit test technical solutions, primarily consisting of report creation, database programming, system to system integrations, and software configuration
- Collaborate with business analysts to obtain effective requirements that can be used to build or configure technical solutions
- Build, present and review solution designs with the Enterprise Architecture Team as appropriate
- Work with business analysts and other technical team members to identify and resolve solution defects in support of quality assurance activities (testing)
- Create and maintain technical support documentation and operating procedures
- Implementation planning of technical solutions to effectively transitioning them to production
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing technical solutions, best practices and standards and offer insight on how they can be improved to maximize their value
- Identify risks that should be managed and opportunities that should be pursued
- Adopt and promote ITS best practices and standards
Skills and Abilities
- Solid technical foundation encompassing logical and analytical thinking; demonstrated ability to investigate, design and implement system solutions in the field of information technology services
- Works as part of a team – sometimes as the leader and other times as a member
- Information sharing with others and facilitates the open exchange of ideas and information
- Open, honest, and respectful of others
- Well-developed interpersonal and communicative skills
- Effective writing skills to produce professional quality communication material
- Presents and expresses ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience
- Knowledge of client/service applications, web-based applications, software-as-a-service, technical architecture, databases, software development and deployment techniques, cloud-hosted environments, solution architecture
- Operational technical support including managing incidents and problems (Tier 2) and providing users with high-quality, friendly support
- Software configuration for COTS applications
- Post-Secondary Diploma in the field of computer science, or another related Information Technology discipline with four (4) years related experience in the field of computer science, or another related Information Technology; or Post-Secondary Degree with two (2) years related experience
- Previous knowledge in development is considered an asset
- Previous experience supporting business systems is preferred
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with their resume.