This posting is for 3 contract positions
Youth Programs is currently seeking basketball, dodgeball, shinny and starter softball instructors to be added on to our contact list and fill a few vacant positions for the spring 2019 session. Once an instructor is added to our contact list they will be notified of all instructing opportunities throughout the year.
- Deliver high quality recreational classes
- Develop and implement creative, age appropriate lesson plans
- Incorporate physical literacy and fundamental movement skills into weekly classes
- Provide participants with the opportunity to engage in a balance of structured and non-structured activities and drills
- Collaborate and positively interact with the Youth Programming team
Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments and demands
- Proven ability to maintain high standards of safety, quality and cooperation
- Proven time-management skills and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Sport specific coaching and/or instruction experience
- Positive, proven leadership and team-building skills
- A high school diploma and enrolled in a post-secondary institution in recreation, physical education, kinesiology, or related degree
- Previous experience working with children ages of 4Y-15Y
- Current First Aid, CPR (level C) certification
- Criminal record check/Vulnerable sectors check (within the past 6 months)
- High Five® Principles of Healthy Child Development is considered an asset (must be obtained within 6 months of signing first contract)
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) is considered an asset
Classes run evenings and weekends (10 week sessions) from April 1 to June 30 with the possibility of extension. Wage ranges from $25 per class to $40 per class based on education, experience and class registration.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #091-2019-EXT-RPC closes March 20, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.