This posting is for 1 temporary part-time position for up to 9 months
We are seeking a Programming Specialist to ensure high quality outdoor recreation and leisure programming opportunities exist for Strathcona County residents and community groups.
- Plan and program outdoor programs such as: Pitch-In, Graffiti, and Spray Deck Volunteer Program and Everybody Gets to Play program/initiatives such as Playdays and Strathcona County’s annual Golf Classic
- Coordinate volunteers at highly recognized events such as Canada Day and New Year’s Eve
- Research, plan, monitor and evaluate current outdoor services and programs to ensure community needs are being exceeded
- Promote and cross market outdoor recreation programs and services
- Develop relationships and liaise with County staff, volunteers, businesses, partners, public, community groups, surrounding municipalities, Provincial and Federal Government, industry professionals
- Promote public engagement and communication for the planning, support and evaluation of events and programs
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate outdoor programs and services to ensure needs in the community are being met
- Build new partnerships and network with community groups and community partners in all areas of service delivery
- Research new trends, innovative services and products to improve RPC outdoor programs, spaces, facilities and services
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant government standards, county policies and professional regulations
- Strong interpersonal, public relations and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership, coaching and team qualities
- Excellent organization skills to manage diverse projects while meeting critical timelines
- High level of creativity and flexibility along with strong analytical skills
- Confident public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to be aware of and balance political sensitivities
- Post-secondary degree in Physical Education, Recreation Administration, Business or related
- Experience in customer service and in a leadership capacity with programming, event planning, facilities, community development, public engagement and related fields
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Conditions of Employment
- Submission of Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and submission of Driver’s abstract with less than seven demerits
This position may require a flexible schedule and some travel between facilities.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #090-2019-EXT-RPC closes March 20, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.