Do you have knowledge and experience with office administration? Are you looking for short-term opportunities and have the flexibility to work on short notice?
Strathcona County is seeking to increase the Temporary Pool for administrative support in order to meet the need for covering urgent and temporary vacancies throughout the organization. Successful candidates may find themselves in placements in any County Department – Planning and Development Services, Utilities, Emergency Services, Human Resources, etc.
Minimum qualifications for administrative support positions are a high school diploma and one or more years of related work experience; equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
Related work experience should include:
- Administrative and customer service work, including multi-line telephone reception
- Assisting in the preparation of correspondence, documents, presentations and reports
- Drafting agendas, record and distribute meeting notes, and track action items
- Providing information to other departments, the public, government agencies, partners and stakeholders
- Scheduling appointments, organize and attend meetings, make training and travel arrangements
- Receiving and tracking inquiries, and coordinating responses
- Maintaining file systems and reference material, and performing data entry
- Receiving and processing payments manually and electronically
- Public sector experience is an asset
Successful candidates will also have:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills
- The ability to work independently, maintain discretion and respect confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Electronic Document Management systems
The Temporary Pool fills vacancies in a range of classification levels. Successful candidates will be placed in positions where they meet the minimum qualifications, and remunerated based on the classification of that placement.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #080-2019-EXT-HRS closes March 24, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.