The Guest Services Representative IV ensures all spontaneous use areas are maintained at the highest level to exceed guest expectations with quality service, high performing staff and equipment. This position liaises with other facility-based work areas and central services for communication, budgeting, marketing, public engagement, purchasing and planning.
- Oversees all Millennium Place Spontaneous Use operations which includes researching, identifying and implementing opportunities for growth and improved services, scheduling and monitoring preventative maintenance programs, scheduling staff, ensuring OH&S standards are met, and submitting hours for payroll purposes
- Supervision and mentorship of the Assistant Recreation Programmer (full time), Spontaneous Use Monitors and Fun Factory Staff (hourly): recruiting, scheduling, monitoring staff certification, performance appraisals, coordinating staff development and training, and leading OH&S team meetings)
- Engaging Millennium Place guests, providing excellent customer service, conducting surveys, researching trends and networking to ensure service improvement and development
- Planning, implementing and monitoring Spontaneous Use services, coordinating guest retention and attraction strategies/events, working with Recreation Programmers for integrated service and program opportunities
- Developing and managing operating budgets in cooperation with Facility Supervisors and Central Services to create cost centre budgets and revenue projections, monitoring and analysing statistics and financial information
- Performing as part of a facility-based supervisory team, assisting the Facility Supervisor in team supervision, leadership and guest services problem-solving, and participating in supervisor and general staff meetings
Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership, coaching, facilitating and team building skills, with the ability to translate goals and objectives into successful team outcomes
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, public relations, written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on creating excellent guest experiences
- Excellent organizational skills to meet goals and priorities, manage the logistics of multiple recreation services areas
- Demonstrated operational experience in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment with diverse opportunities, issues and multiple stakeholder requirements
- Subject matter expertise in the benefits of play and spontaneous opportunities regarding physical literacy
- Experience in researching, initiating and implementing innovative ideas and initiatives
- Knowledge of child care ratios, Alberta Health Services Health and Safety Guidelines for Child Care Facilities
- Extensive market knowledge in sports equipment, quality, service providers and vendors
- Knowledge and application of Strathcona County Purchasing Policy is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of safe work practices and the ability to plan for safety
- Strong computer skills or aptitude for Microsoft Office
- Related post-secondary diploma or degree, with a minimum of 5 years of related professional experience
- Training and certification in Principles of Healthy Child Development, Quest 1 & 2 is preferred
- Five Sport and High Five Trainer is considered an asset
- CLASS, and “WhenToWork” software knowledge is considered an asset
Conditions of employment
- Current WHIMS, OH&S, CPR (HCP), First-aid and a class 5 drivers licence
- Vulnerable sector check
- Ability to perform physical labour as required including lifting, bending, twisting
- Ability to work irregular hours including weekly evening and weekend shifts
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #073-2019-EXT-RPC closes March 3, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.