The Support Analyst provides support primarily over the phone within the Customer Support Center (CSC) and is the first contact point and problem solver for end-users that require support for services from the Information Technology Services (ITS) department. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and meeting service levels when responding to, recording and resolving computer related issues. This position works with County Tier 2 & 3 staff as well as vendors, consultants and other ITS resources to deliver services that help departments meet their needs and objectives.
- Provides customer service to meet the needs of customers; monitors and responds to phone calls and e-mails from customers for support and service requests in a friendly, enthusiastic and helpful manner
- Provides end-user support to all County staff and advocates for the customer; redirects and follows up on problems that cannot be resolved at the Tier 1 level
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues with PCs, laptops and peripherals as well as network connectivity issues
- Assists customers in utilizing corporate software and business applications
- Responds to requests for ITS services and utilizes remote takeover software and other appropriate tools where possible
- Develops and maintains technical expertise and trouble-shooting skills to identify and resolve computer-related issues
- Researches and identifies solutions in an effective, real-time manner; recommends improvements to existing processes and documentation
- Proactively identifies trends and monitors changes that may adversely impact customers
- Shares technical issues, recommends solutions and process improvements, as well as documents troubleshooting etc. with all members of the CSC
- Assists with Tier 2 and other activities when required
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; English language competency (written and spoken) is required
- Strong PC hardware and software troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and knowledge of peripheral and related software installations as well as good working knowledge of network connectivity
- Strong working knowledge of personal computer hardware, Windows operating systems, standard corporate software and TCP/IP networks
- Ability to assess potential impacts to the end-user of changes in the IT environment
- Minimum two-year IT-related diploma with 1 year of work experience in an IT environment
- Help Desk, Call Centre and/or public-sector experience is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft System Centre would be considered an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #072-2019-EXT-ITS closes March 3, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.