This posting is for a 1 full time temporary position for up to 1 year
This position is responsible for providing project management, business analysis, and support for multiple projects with ITS components within Strathcona County. This involves striving for continuous improvement of business processes, incorporating / integrating existing and emerging technologies, enabling strong team foundations through leadership, managing project delivery, coordinating and documenting and communicating effectively across all stakeholder levels.
- Provide required support in improvement/establishment of ITS PMO
- Define project charters and plans, manage entire project life cycles, including software/vendor procurement, risk and change management
- Gather and document business requirements, determine solution options and help translate into technical requirements, including business process re-engineering exercises when applicable
- Coordinate and support execution and implementation efforts including detailed requirements, testing, data migration and integration components, playing an active role throughout
- Mentor others by leading through example and demonstrating dependability, reliability, consistency, flexibility and teamwork
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge and skill in the areas of project management, business analysis, and existing technologies within the framework of Strathcona County’s information technology environment and strategic direction, in order to determine and provide optimal business and technical options and recommendations
- Review Strathcona County policies, internal historical and current documents and plans
- Research, learn and adapt new technologies and relevant industry standards and best practices
- Investigate and apply innovative ideas in consideration of both short and long term solutions
- Incorporate continuous process improvement efforts in order to maximize Strathcona County’s investment in technology and streamline services
- Incorporate and facilitate the use and evolvement of standard processes, templates, documentation
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient at managing time and multiple concurrent priorities effectively and efficiently; strong and well developed planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills; ability to maintain professional working relationships at all levels of management and departmental staff; ability to chair effective meetings
- Ability to work as part of, and productively lead/manage a successful team
- Strong business acumen; capacity to fully analyze departmental operations and objectives, understanding the problems and identifying potential improvements
- Ability to define functional business requirements and processes for disparate municipal departments with varying levels of complexities and dependencies
- Strong writing skills to produce professional quality communication material suited to its purpose and audience; ability to develop and present formal/informal recommendations
- Establishes action plans for accomplishing own specific goals
- University degree in computing science, with a minimum of 5 years directly related infrastructure IT experience OR a computing science diploma plus 7 years of directly related infrastructure IT experience
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience on IT Projects
- Minimum 5 years Business Analysis experience on Information Technology projects
- Change Management certification is considered an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered an asset
- ITIL Certification is considered an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #071-2019-EXT-ITS closes March 3, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.