This posting is for 2 full-time positions
The Analyst will analyze statistics and other data, cross reference criminal information relating to criminal activities and relationships. Identifying criminal trends and patterns and develop analytical intelligence products.
- Conduct background research on criminals or suspected criminals under investigation
- Conduct cross-case linkage analysis using computerized databases to identify relationships between crimes and criminal suspects
- Prepare highly-effective briefs, reports, statistics and other communication material for the purpose of identifying criminal individuals or networks
- Develop investigative leads and links to distinguish patterns and trends
- Organize and maintain sensitive, non- sensitive and open source case data and/or files in logical concise order
- Create, prepare and review various intelligence documentation
- Prepares and presents detailed graphical presentations (ie. Intelligence reports, charts, graphs, tables, maps, telephone toil, etc.) and briefings to share with personnel, case investigators, prosecutors and other law enforcement agencies
- Liaise with internal and external groups/individuals to provide analytical assistance, collect and/or disseminate intelligence data and share resources sources
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships and a network of sources and contacts to facilitate exchange of information and intelligence across jurisdictional boundaries
- Provide expert advice on complex issues through tactical and strategic analysis of criminal activity with Strathcona County
- Presents testimony at court proceedings and trials regarding investigations conducted by the department, and conducts briefings to present intelligence data to authorized officials
- Represent the Strathcona County Detachment by preparing and presenting at seminars, conferences and training courses
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written
- Experience preparing concise and effective reports, presentations and other communication material
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills to manage a variety of responsibilities with constantly changing scopes and timelines
- Critical and innovative thinking skills to effectively analyze data, see linkages and patterns and problem-solve
- Extremely high attention to detail
- A post-secondary degree in a related discipline, Criminology, Criminal Justice or Social Science
- Minimum of five years’ experience in analysis and research including crime analysis
- The ability to use office technology, software and databases, including; Microsoft Office Suite, i2, PROS, CPIC, EPROS, JOIN, IIS, ROADS, ORCA, and CORES
- Knowledge of applicable and relevant legislation at all levels; familiarity with Strathcona County policies and detachment practices will be an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain and maintain TOP SECRET security clearance
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Willingness to work in a busy police environment, including exposure to unsettling and/or graphic material
- Willingness and ability to testify in court
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #070-2019-EXT-RCM closes March 3, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.