This posting is for 1 temporary full-time position for up to 4 months
The Financial Reporting Analyst is responsible for the oversight of corporate accounts payable and administering the corporate purchasing card program. The position is also responsible for preparing tax remittances for non-resident withholding tax, reviewing certain corporate financial accounting transactions, coaching other departmental groups in areas of responsibility, and supporting corporate finance projects on request.
- Supervise corporate accounts payable, review high risk/high value transactions, resolve or escalate issues
- Provide support for the ongoing P-Card enhancement project; including project management activities, configuration decisions, presentation support, individual and group training.
- Administer procurement cards including setting up and training new cardholders, administering changes, reviewing transactions for compliance with procedures and liaising with department coordinators
- Prepare month end and year-end general ledger reconciliations, prepare working papers to support financial reporting, prepare monthly internal charges and payroll journal entries including accrued liabilities
- Process daily system interface batch transactions, investigate and work with IT to resolve any issues, review interdepartmental journal entries to confirm correct input into the general ledger, provide support for month end general ledger close and assist in year-end general ledger close
- Prepare monthly remittances to CRA for non-resident withholding taxes
- Assist with special projects as requested Liaise, advise and train departmental staff on best practice in processing and reporting transactions within areas of responsibility
Skills and Abilities
- Effective organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of processes to interface data between financial IT systems
- Strong interpersonal and team skills, with the ability to maintain effective customer service relations with a diverse client group
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of accounting processes and accounts payable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and use of accounting software to process transactions
- Familiarity with data analytics software would be an asset
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation in progress (degree complete) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting or a related area OR Diploma with a major in Accounting and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting positions
- Experience within a municipal environment is an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.