This posting is for multiple temporary part-time positions
This position contributes to the maintenance and improvement of outdoor recreational opportunities for the residents of Strathcona County and other members of the public through performance of manual labour and other tasks as operational experience is gained.
- Supervise the safe and orderly conduct of users on the artificial field
- Monitor daily user statistics
- Operate small equipment as required
- Monitor field conditions and perform manual tasks such as moving nets, litter control, and cleaning around the building
- Perform building janitorial cleaning procedures as required
- Stock facility change rooms, washrooms and janitorial storage rooms with cleaning supplies as required
- Assist Feature Sports Fields crew with facility maintenance as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Ability to build healthy rapport with coworkers
- Perform duties in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions
- Ability to communicate well with different audiences
- Completion of Grade 10
- First Aid / CPR and AED training certificate
- WHMIS Certificate
Conditions of Employment
- Successful candidates must submit a satisfactory criminal records check and driver’s abstract
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
The hourly wage range for this position is $19.07 to $19.82 per hour, working part time hours including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays as needed. This position has an approximate end date of November 10, 2019, weather dependent.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #054-2019-EXT-RPC closes February 24, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.