This posting is for 1 temporary part-time position to September 2019
The Parks Support Representative supports the administrative and customer service functions of the Parks office as the primary point of contact for the community and the facility. By phone and in person, they create positive relationships. The Parks Support Representative is responsible for tactful and diplomatic customer service and office support. The representative is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day activities of the administrative office with responsibility to respond to inquiries, exercise discretion and initiative for processes and tasks, follow-up on task completion while meeting department, division, corporate standards, guidelines and policies.
- Receive and direct in-person visitors, phone inquiries and telephone messaging in pleasant and efficient manner to appropriate staff. Ensure a positive public image to meet customer needs.
- Promote up to date information of County and Parks Maintenance/Infrastructure procedures, policies and services
- Promptly answer phone and e-mail using knowledge of county department policies and programs, receive complaints/concerns/requests, evaluate and prioritize urgency, forward to supervisors and/or team leads or through County Connect
- General office duties including filing and sorting mail, maintaining office supplies and equipment inventory
- Forward FAME requests as per guidelines
- Monitor meeting room booking usage. Provide assistance with the set up and use of equipment
- Order/maintain inventory of office/coffee supplies, arrange for maintenance of office equipment
- Provide support to programs, initiatives and seasonal hiring
- Provide administrative support to various programs and initiatives. Support includes customer service, arranging logistics, data entry, generating booking and County Connect reports
- Support logistics for staff orientation
- Building operations and Occupational Health & Safety
- Upon request, submit building maintenance issues to Facility Services thru FAME
- Ensure all documents related to OH&S are current
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a positive image, exercising discretion and confidentiality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, use of office equipment and data entry software
- High school diploma with previous experience in a high paced, guest service oriented position
- Proficient computer skills, telephone answering skills and knowledge of County Connect beneficial
- Familiarity with Parks Operational services an asset
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Criminal Record Check is required
This position is an hourly position working 20 hours per week from April 29 to September 13, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #053-2019-EXT-RPC closes February17, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.