This posting is for 1 temporary part-time position.
We are looking for a talented administrative professional to join our team!
This position provides confidential, administrative assistance to the Intergovernmental Affairs branch to ensure efficient operation. The Administrative Assistant I acts as a liaison between Intergovernmental Affairs, the Office of the Chief Commissioner, the Office of the Mayor, the Office of the Elected Officials, the Executive Assistants and administrative staff.
- Reviews and initiates reports for Council and Priorities Committee meetings as necessary
- Builds and maintains positive relationships and excellent communication lines with Executive Team/Council support, Office of the Mayor support and stakeholders to ensure timely responses to the Executive Team, the Mayor, and Council.
- Provides excellent communication and public relations with internal and external customers ensuring matters are handled in a timely manner
- Organizes travel arrangements and conference registrations
- Assembles background information, meeting materials, compiles data and prepares correspondence, documents and briefing materials for the Manager, Strategists and Policy Analyst
- Coordinates appointments and meetings for all branch members
- Prepares payment vouchers, general receipts, journal vouchers and expense claims
- Assists with event planning and special projects
- Establishes and maintains records management system
- Orders, manages and maintains office supplies
- Handles mail distribution
Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of administrative procedures, recording and transcribing of minutes
- Knowledge of municipal government procedures and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with a focus on customer service and establishing/maintaining relationships
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to anticipate and adapt to changing priorities
- Familiarity with Open Text Content Server (OTCS) and web editing applications
- Ability to maintain discretion and respect confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and office equipment
- Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt to new technology and programs
- High School diploma with a minimum of 4 years progressively responsible administrative experience supporting managers or above
- Certificate or diploma in Office or Business Administration is preferred
- Knowledge of Strathcona County municipal structure, policies and emergency procedures is an asset
In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.