The FMS Administrator is responsible for monitoring and maintaining system processes, testing, troubleshooting and Implementing systems or system components. The FMS Administrator coordinates and provides technical and user support and training and acts as a liaison between users and technical system support.
- Monitor systems or system components and identify process and system problems, research issues and may initiate system or process change
- Develop user test criteria, test scenarios, coordinate testing and implement program changes
- Participate in any development and implementation of new software and hardware
- Provide input to the design and interface requirements
- Participate in design of testing criteria on new and existing systems
- Utilize FMS to optimally create efficiencies
- Monitor services requests to ensure that requests are dealt with in a timely manner
- Coordinate technical efforts and collaborate with other staff involved with the system process and components
- Evaluate opportunities for potential process/cost improvements of efficiencies
- Provide first-line support to users and troubleshoots procedural or system problems
- Analyze and resolve system interface problems reported by end-users
- Liaise and work with other related groups
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and communicate user requirements and technical capabilities of the systems and system components
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Grade 12 diploma or GED
- Related post-secondary diploma in Business or Information Technology Is desirable
- Significant experience with Fleet Management Software
- Previous entry level IT experience an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.