This positions primary responsibility is to work with all user groups to ensure accurate fleet specifications are created for all capital fleet replacements and additions, while meeting competing department deadlines within targeted budget allowances.
- Develop fleet specifications for all Strathcona Vehicle and Equipment requirements
- Develop standard timelines for each type of vehicle and equipment specification
- Manage all installs, repairs, transfers and removals of GPS technology within fleet units
- Follow procurement production plan, provide updates as required
- Create project plan documents for each vehicle build
- Attend pre-construction and final inspection meetings at vendor sites to ensure specifications are understood, accurately priced, and final products are of the utmost quality and delivered in a timely manner
- Draft written reports outlining final inspections
- Laisse with Procurement Services to fulfill the bid process
- Complete RFQ Scoring Process with the Fleet Acquisitions team
- Monitor/review current and changing legislation from; Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program, National Safety Codes, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, National Fire Protection Agency, National Safety Codes, American Disabilities Act
Skills and Abilities
- Strong attentional to detail
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Willing and able to do occasional travel throughout North America for 3-5 days at a time
- High School Diploma
- 10+ years of experience in Fleet maintenance and Fleet repair
- Experience with Fleet Maintenance software, Work Order Processing and Tangible Capital Assets
- Knowledge of Federal, Provincial and Municipal Purchasing Policies
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft and Document Management System
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.