This posting is for 1 temporary full-time position for up to 2 years, with possible extension
This position is the liaison between the Manager and their branch operations, and involves the implementation of operational and strategic planning.
- Provide a variety of administrative assistance to the Manager, Right-of-Way Management and to the Right of Way Management branch; organize and update the Manager’s calendar, prepare meeting packages and agendas, arrange and attend meetings, prepare and distributes minutes, and track action items
- Schedule branch meetings, prepare agendas, taking and distributing minutes
- Review incoming correspondence, forward as appropriate and draft responses to a variety of inquiries
- Research and draft Council reports, issue briefs, bylaws, policies, correspondence and other department presentations
- Manage County Connect for the branch and ensure service requests are responded to within timelines
- Review, edit, mail and electronically file correspondence for various permits and approvals
- Establish and maintain records management system
- Provide support coverage for the Right-of-Way Permit Officer when required
- Provide customer service and information to external customers
Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of administrative procedures, recording and transcribing of minutes
- Knowledge of municipal government procedures and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with a focus on customer service
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to anticipate and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to maintain discretion and respect confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and office equipment
- Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt to new technology and programs
- High School diploma with five years related administrative support experience
- A business administration certificate or diploma is an asset
- Municipal Government experience is an asset
- Previous experience with County Connect or a service request tracking system is preferred
In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.