This posting is for 1 full-time temporary position for up to 24 months
Do you enjoy developing and managing facility asset management portfolios? Are you constantly on the lookout for innovative approaches to asset management? Here’s a great opportunity to lead the Facility Capital Projects team and live your dream!
Reporting to the Director, Facility Services, you will set the focus and direction for the County’s investment in facility capital construction and asset renewal programs including project development, execution and life cycle planning. You would be responsible for a team of professional staff who lead and execute a variety of facility projects from the conceptual planning through to project completion.
- Develop and implement a long term Facility Life Cycle Program for all County facilities
- Develop a strategy for the program that includes: up to date building reviews, 5 and 10 year cost estimates and a Master Project Tracking mechanism
- Provide input into the development of 3-5 year capital plans for facility capital projects in support of the County’s long range plans, asset management and safety objectives
- Ensure systems and processes are in place to manage and track a capital project budget of approximately 30 million annually
- Implement business process improvements including the use of technology to align with corporate asset management strategies
- Set standards for project management in the branch and ensure projects comply with municipal, provincial, federal laws, policies, standards, etc.
- Develop and prioritize facility capital construction and maintenance project schedules
- Manage, monitor, coach and develop assigned project managers on key project management requirements and skill development
- Liaise and promote effective communication with all stakeholders including elected officials, private contractors, County Departments and community groups
Skills and Abilities
- Strong project management skills including proposal, contract preparation, and project success monitoring
- Knowledge of contract law and procurement processes related to capital construction
- Solid knowledge and application of standards/guidelines related to facility capital projects
- Possess strong strategic, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to positively influence others, and earn trust and cooperation
- Highly developed interpersonal and collaboration skills, strong personal integrity and ethical conduct
- Excellent supervisory and management skills to develop and mentor towards team excellence
- Ability to successfully manage concurrent multiple projects, research and implement continuous improvement and develop innovative approaches to asset management
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (Peng) or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) with at least 10 years of directly related experience in facility asset management, construction and maintenance
- LEED certification would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience leading asset management and construction project teams
- Proven leadership in facility project and portfolio management within a large complex environment
- Technical knowledge in building mechanical, electrical, structural, sustainable building components, construction management and contracting controls and general knowledge of facility operations and maintenance
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #023-2019-EXT-FAC closes January 23, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.