Are you a visionary leader with strong strategic, business planning, prioritization and performance management experience looking for a meaningful and challenging role?
If so, come join Strathcona County as the Manger, Corporate Planning and Performance within the Corporate Planning Department!
As the Corporate Planning and Performance Manager you will apply systems thinking skills in leading Strathcona County’s annual, collaborative multi-year business planning process. You will also lead corporate performance measurement to support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and resource reallocation. This work supports our organizational excellence goal by enabling reviews that ensure that programs and services are relevant, efficient and effective.
- Lead the County’s annual, collaborative strategic and business planning process
- Lead the annual, corporate environmental scan and stakeholder engagement process to understand current and future needs to support strategic priority setting with Council and Executive Team
- Balance corporate planning and execution with operational practicalities and guide others through established processes to achieve results
- Lead the County’s corporate performance measure planning, tracking and reporting system that supports analytics and continuous improvement in enterprise performance management
- Support program and service managers in the systematic assessment and optimization of service effectiveness, efficiency, and relevance through the provision of performance data and analytics
- Promote corporate culture and values, organizational development and organizational effectiveness through leadership and mentoring others within the branch/department
- Model, support, and encourage a collaborative/ healthy workplace, personal accountability, team alignment, respect, open communication, and recognition
- Initiate, lead, collaborate and advise on inter-departmental and multi-disciplinary projects to ensure that departments work towards corporate organizational effectiveness and the achievement of our strategic priorities
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement multiple projects at the same time, while being able to respond to emerging issues and changing priorities
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and systems-thinking skills
- Strong policy development skills to guide future organizational and community direction
- Politically astute and able to understand the political implications of recommendations and actions
- Possess strong supervisory and leadership skills along with the ability to inspire a vision, motivate and delegate, and provide solutions to a variety of challenges
- University degree in Business or a related field. Masters in Business Administration or a related professional designation in municipal administration is an asset
- Minimum 10 years experience as a trusted advisor in strategic business planning and performance measurement work
- Strategic Leadership experience within a public sector environment or a complex multifaceted organization
- Experience in project management, business process management and change management is required
In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #014-2021-EXT-CP closes February 7, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.