Are you a well-rounded, service focused HR leader with experience in leading HR transformation?
Exciting opportunity to lead and manage the HR Operations and Talent Acquisition function to ensure operational excellence in HR service delivery!
As the Manager, HR Operations and Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for providing leadership, strategy development, guidance, and oversight to ensure excellence in service delivery and operation of the HR Service Centre, Payroll, Talent Acquisition and Analytics and Reporting functions. You will manage the HR Operations and Talent Acquisition group and provide leadership to ensure effectiveness of work between the various branches within the department. You will also advocate for HR Operations and Talent Acquisition in the broader organization with a focus on the employee experience.
As a key member of the HR leadership team, you will also contribute to the identification, development and implementation of improvement and strategic initiatives contained in the business plan. Strathcona County is currently in the process of transforming human resources from a people, process and technology perspective. This includes implementation of a new payroll/HRIS system.
- Lead the delivery of centralized payroll services
- Lead the delivery and continuous improvement of the talent acquisition program
- Lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the HR service centre
- Lead HR analytics and reporting
- Manage the HR Operations and Talent Acquisition branch and provide leadership to ensure effectiveness of work between the various branches within the department
- Contribute to the identification, development and implementation of improvement and strategic initiatives contained in the business plan
- Strategically manage corporate risks to Strathcona County including Payroll and Benefits, Talent Acquisition and Technology, Analytics and Reporting functions
- Develop and model a service excellence philosophy within HR Operations and Talent Acquisition that reflects the corporate values
- Provide effective personal leadership to enable staff to develop their potential and achieve desired results, provide coaching and mentorship to staff and colleagues as appropriate, and develop personal leadership capabilities in alignment with the People Plan
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply principles and theory of human resource management to new situations and to develop new and innovative strategies and approaches to evolving complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a solution-oriented focus and the ability to develop productive relationships with all levels of management, employees, and union representatives
- Knowledge of contract interpretation, contract management and financial management
- Demonstrated strong change management skills and the ability to bring together teams towards a shared goal
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills along with strategic, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a variety of projects simultaneously and within deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to clearly and concisely present recommendations and supporting analysis to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Human Resource Management, Business, Finance or a related area
- Minimum of 10 years of directly related senior HR work experience along with a minimum of three years of leadership experience
- Experience in Human Resources with a broad knowledge of Human Resource management including compensation, benefits, recruitment, HR analytics and reporting is an asset
- Experience in leading customer service focused work groups and service delivery excellence
- Experience in researching, drafting, and maintaining workplace practices and processes
- Experience leading or managing the implementation of modern HRIS or HR transformational projects is highly desirable
- Preference for public sector experience working with multiple employee groups (unionized and non-unionized)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #012-2021-EXT-HRS closes January 31, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.