This position provides in-depth financial accounting, planning and budgeting expertise to develop funding strategies for priority based, multi-year operating and capital budgets and to complete complex financial analyses to contribute to strategic and long-term financial planning for the County. This position leads and coordinates continuous enhancement, implementation, and maintenance of Multi-Year Planning & Execution (MYPE) processes that contribute to short and long-term corporate growth, strategic planning and decision-making for Strathcona County.
- Provides professional financial accounting, short and medium-term budgeting, and longterm planning expertise to assist the Manager in ensuring short, medium and long-term financial plans are available to support achievement of Strathcona County strategic goals and objectives
- Leads and coordinates the provision of strategic financial planning and accounting expertise and information essential to the continuous enhancement, implementation, and maintenance of Priority Based Budgeting (PBB) and Multi-Year Planning & Execution (MYPE) processes used to inform corporate planning
- Provides financial expertise and perspectives essential to the development, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Program Based Budgeting (PGBB) and Financial Reporting (FR) initiative
- Provide strategic financial accounting expertise to facilitate development of the annual operating and capital budgets for Strathcona County
- Provide leadership to the Senior Budget Analyst and the Budget Analyst in relation to multi-year financial planning approaches, practices, and perspectives
Skills and Abilities
- In-depth financial accounting, planning, and budgeting knowledge along with a well developed understanding of project management
- Ability to provide to high level financial planning analysis and recommendations
- Ability to be flexible, have professional judgment, and understand complex and multi-faceted issues
- Ability to lead the development of innovative and integrated approaches to long-term financial planning
- Ability to work effectively with department directors, senior leadership and executives
- Ability to work in an environment is dynamic and constantly changing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A university degree and professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA)
- Seven years progressively responsible experience in financial accounting and budget development, preferably in a municipal government setting, that includes providing complex strategic planning analyses, information, and consultation
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #011-2019-EXT-CP closes January 20, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.