This posting is for multiple Permanent part-time positions and casual positions
The Customer Service Representative is the first response to client inquiries at the RCMP and Enforcement front counter and is responsible to identify the nature of the complaint or inquiry, determine the immediacy of need and to respond professionally for services in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Receive, generate and process front counter inquiries for investigative and information files, prepare complaint files, provide clients with advice and direction to appropriate resource
- Perform data entry into RCMP and Enforcement Services record management systems, complete criminal record checks
- Accept payments, process deposits and issue receipts for warrant fines, services and permits
- Identify and document all visitors and contractors and provide security escorts within the building
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of RCMP and County policies, procedures, Criminal Code, federal and provincial statutes, municipal bylaws and court documents
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive image with good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize a large workload and remain focused during frequent interruptions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think and act quickly in stressful situations
- Ability to remain objective and diplomatic, exercise mature judgement and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Proficient using RCMP and County Software and equipment including PROS, CPIC, ROADS, JOIN, CIIDS, ROSS and Report Exec
- High School diploma and three years of related work experience in a policing environment
- Post-secondary education in a related field or a certificate in Emergency Communications is preferred
- Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #006-2019-EXT-RCM closes January 13, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.