This posting is for 2 permanent full-time position and multiple casual positions.
The Telecommunication Operator is a frontline representative determining immediate needs, responding to requests for services in emergency and non-emergency situations, obtaining and distributing information to ensure appropriate emergency services agencies are dispatched, and monitoring police radio transmission.
- First response to incoming 911 Emergency, Complaint, Administrative and Enforcement Services telephone lines, obtains and distributes information, monitor radio and telephone transmissions, provide clients with advice and direction to appropriate resources and respond to after-hours Help Phone
- Receive, dispatch and prepare files and process in-person complaints and inquiries
- Perform data entry into RCMP and Enforcement Services data systems
- Add, modify, remove, distribute and respond to CPIC requests
- Maintain files and records and monitor building security via camera system
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of RCMP and Strathcona County policies and procedures, criminal code, federal and provincial statues, municipal bylaws, the Canadian legal system and court documents
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to maintain a professional image, respect confidentiality, while exercising judgement and objectivity
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills, with the ability to multi-task and remain focused under stressful conditions
- Proficiency in RCMP and Strathcona County software and equipment (PROS, CPIC, ROADS, JOIN, CIIDS, ROSS and Report Exec)
- Post-secondary education or certificate in Emergency Communications and Response and four years related experience preferably working in a policing environment
- Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #005-2019-EXT-RCM closes January 13, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.