We are looking for and individual with an architectural technology background with experience with interior space design and planning to join our Facility Capital Projects team.
The Accommodation Planner leads facility planning, space development standards, accommodation plans and drawing record management for a variety of municipal buildings. The position provides key planning and support for asset management branch in developing space requirements, project specifications including building finishes, creating/drafting floor plans/schematics required to clarify project intent and physical configurations. This position also supports the department director in developing long range facility plans, building renewal or replacement scenarios based corporate objectives.
- Prepare formal accommodation reports that include recommendations for executive strategic direction discussions as well as council presentation and community engagement materials as they relate to facility planning
- Manage space inventory for municipal offices and equipment service locations to create overall efficient use, office assignments and future space requirements
- Create scenario plans and costs for various department accommodation growth forecasts as part of the municipal annual budget development
- Participate in the “future work” planning discussions as trends, options and technologies that may be require to support how the municipality may alter its current employee working models
- Work with the department director, develop long rang facility master plans using department data, building condition assessments (BCA’s), building age to develop asset renewal, expansion or facility retirements
- Prepare floor plan/schematic drawings in AutoCad for building renovations and construction specifications to support the departments various project technicians
- Manage the facility drawing records (as builts/base plans/drawing standards)
- Establish furniture standards, furniture lifecycle renewal plans including budget forecasts
- Provide contract management services including developing consultant agreements and construction specifications as the need arises
- Review bids, prepare summary of prices and make recommendations as to award, provide or assist with project management of the work by administering contractor performance, change & cost control, authorize expenditures, code compliance issues and project completion in a timely and cost-effective manner
Skills and Abilities
- Possess working knowledge of construction and working with general contractors
- Ability to work as a member on project teams for project development, planning and implementation
- Efficient in Microsoft office software (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and AutoCad or similar design software, Microsoft project or similar project management software
- Strong communication skills, both in written and oral presentations.
- Ability to draft in AutoCad to develop floor plans, schematics, area calculations, furniture layouts, measured drawings
- University degree and 2 years’ experience or Diploma and 4 years’ experience is required in architectural technology or related discipline; directly related experience is required with a focus on interior design/space planning
- Extensive knowledge of building codes, design plans/specifications practices
- Project and contract management knowledge supplemented with formal training
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #001-2019-EXT-FAC closes January 20, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.