Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC)
In alignment with Strathcona County's Strategic Plan, the Environmental Advisory Committee (EAC) advises Council on issues related to the environment and assists Administration and Council with environmental policies by providing a resident perspective. The four points below outline the duties and responsibilities of the committee:
- Provide strategic advice and information on the development and implementation of the County's environmental policies.
- Participate in events to increase public awareness of the County's environmental policies.
- Provide input on opportunities for resident education in response to environment policies.
- Attend Beaver Hills Initiative (BHI) meetings (board and/or working group(s) to provide public input.
As a Council Committee, the EAC is governed by both the Boards and Committees Bylaw 46-2015, and Bylaw 63-2015 an amendment of the Boards and Committees Bylaw, which serves to refine the EAC's terms of reference. More information on Boards and Committees is available on the Legislative and Legal Services (LLS) webpage.
- In 2016, the EAC has launched a series of monthly information campaigns on emerging environmental topics. More information on identifed topics is posted at the side of this page.
- The Strathcona County Reduction of Abandoned Products (SCRAP) Initiative, the first of its kind in Canada, is a County-wide program to encourage the removal of abandoned products from private properties for proper disposal or recycling.
|Blaine Alexander||Voting member||1st Term||December 31, 2019|
|Ruth Ball||Voting member||1st Term||December 31, 2018|
|Emilia Housch, Chair||Voting member||1st Term||December 31, 2019|
|Bill Reynolds||Voting member||1st Term||December 31, 2019|
|James Richards, Vice-Chair||Voting member||1st Term||December 31, 2019|
|John Vorster||Voting member||1st Term||December 31, 2018|
Elected Official Members
|Councillor Robert Parks||Non-voting||December 31, 2019|
|Councillor Katie Berghofer||Non-voting/Alternate||December 31, 2019|
*The terms of the Elected Official members will commence on January 1, 2018 and will expire on the dates listed above, or upon such person ceasing to be an Elected Official.
The schedule for the meetings of the Environmental Advisory Committee is below.
|Wednesday, January 24, 2018||Community Centre||Meeting Room 5||6 to 8 p.m.||January 24, 2018 Agenda (82.3 KB)|
|Wednesday, March 28, 2018||Community Centre||Meeting Room 5||6 to 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday, May 23, 2018||Community Centre||Meeting Room 2||6 to 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday, August 22, 2018||Community Centre||Meeting Room 5||6 to 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday, October 24, 2018||Community Centre||Meeting Room 5||6 to 8 p.m.|
Members of the public are welcome to attend any of the above listed meetings to observe the meeting and discussion carried out by the Environmental Advisory Committee. However, members of the public may only participate in a meeting of and make representations to the Environmental Advisory Committee in accordance with the Boards and Committees Bylaw.