COVID-19 Recovery Governance Task Force
Task force progress
A progress report was presented to Council on February 23, 2021.
The COVID-19 Recovery Governance Task Force is established by Bylaw 33-2020 (57.0 KB) .
The Task Force will support Council’s development of an overall vision and strategy for the municipality’s response, recovery and resilience both during and after the COVID-19 Pandemic, and will focus on regional cooperation and strategies for advocating to other orders of government for municipal supports to address recovery in the municipality’s short, medium, and long term future.
February 23, 2021 update
The task force continues to review the County’s policy and legislative framework to identify bylaws or policies that may need updating to help recovery and resilience.
- Research and engagement will help identify ways to support our community's recovery during and after the pandemic.
- Advocacy efforts will continue to support the needs of County residents during regional discussions.
- Scanning what measures the regions and province are taking to govern and recover during the pandemic, including policy and legislative changes.
- Implementing recommendations from the Red Tape Reduction Task Force to improve development permitting processes and supporting technology continues;
- Equitable broadband access is a priority that will continue to be explored as more people work and learn from home.
- Continuing to explore policy and legislative opportunities to address municipal environmental stewardship relating to current and emerging public health and safety practices, as well as market techniques that invite vendor and supplier services that are innovative, creative and feasible.
- Regional cooperation remains a key focus through conversations to explore collaboration in recovery, resiliency and advocacy.
Read the February 23, 2021 report in full: Task force progress report - February 23, 2021 (162.8 KB)
Read the November 24, 2020 report in full: Task force progress report - November 24, 2020 (157.7 KB)
Read some of the ways Strathcona County is adapting its services and programs and responding to COVID-19.
|Dave Anderson||Regular Voting|
|Robert Parks||Regular Voting|
|Paul Smith (Chair)||Regular Voting|
Member terms commenced May 12, 2020 and continue throughout the term of the task force.
|Jan 11, 2021||1 pm||RG Task Force Agenda Jan 11 2021 (756.0 KB)||RG Task Force Minutes Jan 11, 2021 (76.8 KB)|
|Feb 8, 2021||1 pm||RG Task Force Agenda Feb 08 2021 (47.5 KB)||RG Task Force Minutes Feb 08, 2021 (78.2 KB)|
|March 8, 2021||1 pm||RG Task Force Agenda Mar 08 2021 (45.2 KB)|