COVID-19 Economic Resilience and Vision Task Force
Task force progress
A progress report was presented to Council on February 23, 2021.
The COVID-19 Economic Resilience and Vision Task Force is established by Bylaw 31-2020 (66.8 KB) .
The Task Force will provide policy and legislative recommendations to Council on economic recovery, resilience and vision in the context of the COVID-19 Pandemic, support for business and industry, and support for the local economy generally.
February 23, 2021
The task force has been working towards addressing the opportunities and key learnings from the progress report presented at Council on November 24, 2020. Affordability and financial support remain a priority and the task force has focused on addressing gaps and implementing methods to support Strathcona County’s economic and financial stability. Since November:
- The Economic Development and Tourism (EDT) department continues to host training and sessions for local businesses to help them adapt and recover.
- The Industrial Heartland Incentive Tax Exemption Bylaw was approved to attract more industrial projects to Alberta’s Industrial Heartland.
- A shop local campaign was created and implemented which provided ways for residents to support local businesses throughout the holidays and through the year.
- Local tourism itineraries and ways to stay local and stay safe were created and shared with residents.
- An affordable housing estimate was completed in partnership with Heartland Housing Foundation and the Social Framework Leadership Table.
- A provincial grant enabled the County to provide nearly $10,000 of support for local households facing food insecurity.
- Work is ongoing for Strathcona County and developers to attract new residents.
Read the February 23, 2021 progress report in full: Task force progress report - February 23, 2020 (162.8 KB)
Read the November 24, 2020 progress report in full: Task force progress report - November 24, 2020 (157.7 KB)
Learn some of the ways Strathcona County and the community are adapting to and responding to COVID-19.
|Brian Botterill||Regular Voting|
|Robert Parks||Regular Voting|
|Bill Tonita (Chair)||Regular Voting|
Member terms commenced on May 12, 2020 and continue throughout the term of the task force.
|Jan 11, 2021||9 am||ERV Task Force Agenda 2021 01 11 (230.5 KB)|
|Feb 8, 2021||9 am||ERV Task Force Agenda 2021 02 08 (47.6 KB)|
|March 8, 2021||9 am||ERV Task Force Agenda 2021 03 08 (47.1 KB)|
|May 29, 2020||1:30 pm||ERV Task Force Agenda May 29, 2020 (63.1 KB)|
|June 10, 2020||1 pm||Work Plan Session|
|July 17, 2020||2 pm||ERV Task Force Agenda July 17, 2020 (605.7 KB)|
|Sep 28, 2020||1 pm||ERV Task Force Agenda September 28, 2020 (48.0 KB)|
|Oct 19, 2020||9 am||ERV Task Force Agenda 2020 10 19 (394.5 KB)|
|Nov 9, 2020||9 am||ERV Task Force Agenda 2020 11 09 (391.9 KB)|
|Dec 18, 2020||9 am||ERV Task Force Agenda 2020 12 18 (975.6 KB)|