COVID-19 Economic Resilience and Vision Task Force
Task force progress
A progress report was presented to Council on November 24, 2020. Learn more.
The COVID-19 Economic Resilience and Vision Task Force is established by Bylaw 31-2020 (66.8 KB) .
The Task Force will provide policy and legislative recommendations to Council on economic recovery, resilience and vision in the context of the COVID-19 Pandemic, support for business and industry, and support for the local economy generally.
November 24, 2020
The task force continues exploring ways to address affordability and financial supports for our residents, community organizations, businesses and the County to help stabilize our local economy.
- Over the summer, utility bills and property taxes were deferred for residents and businesses who identified the need, and supports for repayment began in November 2020.
- Small Business Week was adapted to a virtual environment, providing valuable webinars with local businesses on marketing, finance, online goods and service deliveries.
- Shop local and support local campaigns were launched in the spring and fall, while weekly travel itineraries showcase local businesses and tourism ideas.
- The new COVID-19 business directory highlighting local businesses open continues to be updated.
- A homeless estimation study began in November 2020 and recreation and culture facility and program access and affordability is currently being evaluated.
- The task force continues to advocate for a national utility corridor and collaborate with regional partners and municipalities to explore investment, collaboration and diversification opportunities.
Read the report in full: Task force progress report - November 24, 2020 (157.7 KB)
Learn some of the ways Strathcona County and the community are adapting to and responding to COVID-19.
|Brian Botterill||Regular Voting|
|Robert Parks||Regular Voting|
|Bill Tonita (Chair)||Regular Voting|
Member terms commenced on May 12, 2020 and continue throughout the term of the task force.
|Fri, May 22, 2020||11 am|
|Fri, May 29, 2020||1:30 pm||ERV Task Force Agenda May 29, 2020 (63.1 KB)|
|Wed, June 10, 2020||1 pm||Work Plan Session|
|Fri, June 19, 2020||2 pm|
|Thurs, June 25, 2020||9 am|
|Fri, July 17, 2020||2 pm||ERV Task Force Agenda July 17, 2020 (605.7 KB)|
|Wed, Sep 9, 2020||11:30 am|
|Thurs, Sep 17, 2020||5 pm|
|Mon, Sep 28, 2020||1 pm||ERV Task Force Agenda September 28, 2020 (48.0 KB)|
|Mon, Oct 19, 2020||9 am|
|Mon, Nov 9, 2020||9 am|
|Mon, Dec 14, 2020||9 am|
|Mon, Jan 11, 2021||9 am||ERV Task Force Agenda January 11, 2021 (44.1 KB)|
|Mon, Feb 8, 2021||9 am|
|Mon, Mar 8, 2021||9 am|