Come hang at The Slab!
The Slab is a free, outdoor space for youth (ages 12-18) to kick back and relax over the summer (until August 31, 2018).
Tell your friends and spread the word! #TheSlab @slabyouth
Summer dates and times (weather permitting):
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 12 Noon - 6 p.m.
- Thursdays and Fridays: 3:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Outside at the East Plaza of the Community Centre
(2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park)
Sample of activities planned for this summer:
- Summer stage (showcasing local musicians and bands, artists, poets)
- Lounge area
- Board games
- and much more (check the event calendar below for details)
Want to perform on our summer stage?
Ready to share your talents? Performers and artists are invited to contact Niall.Weber@Strathcona.ca to discuss openings on-stage.
Looking for leadership experience?
We're looking for volunteers between the ages of 19-29 who want to gain experience in leadership and mentoring. Contact Niall.Weber@Strathcona.ca for more information.
What do you think about The Slab?
Tell us what you'd like to see in a youth space in Strathcona County. Feedback on The Slab can be used towards future exploration of a youth specific drop-in space in Strathcona County.