Volunteer for Canada Day
Join us for Strathcona County's largest annual community festival. Canada Day 2019 will be unforgettable - be part of the fun!
What are the details for the Canada Day festival?
When: Monday, July 1, 2019
Where: Broadmoor Lake Park (inside and outside)
Volunteer shift lengths are flexible (i.e. 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours)
- 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- 7 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
What are the volunteer benefits?
- Volunteers can enter to win 1 of 20, $75 gift cards to The Keg Steakhouse and Bar
- Meals and beverages during the event
- Canada Day T-shirt
- Invitation to a special reception for volunteers who work a 6+ hour shift. Must attend reception for a chance to win a bicycle.
- Free transit within Sherwood Park from your local bus stop to the Park N Ride.
- Meeting new friends
- Representing our community
- An insider’s view of Strathcona County’s largest festival
An email link to enter to win the volunteer contests will be sent to each volunteer during the last week of June.
What are the qualifications I need?
- The desire to have fun and help make our community event a huge success
- We ask that those under the age of 12 have a parent/guardian or older sibling volunteer with them
What position is meant for you?
- Volunteer Room or Information Booth
- Interactive areas: edible art, hair fun, totsland, garden zone, Coke floats and wax hands
- Games like: off road monster trucks, remote control race cars, laser tag, rat race, and giant backyard games
- Ticket collecting
- Crafts: t-shirt making and splatter art
- Wagon rides and petting zoo
- And more!
"We know there's more to life than dollars and cents. There's passion, endurance, commitment and community. As part of the community, Investors Group is proud to share in this and all of life's special moments."
Funding provided by
Honorarium / group fundraising opportunity
Are you a fun and outgoing not-for-profit group of 14 or more people? Are you available July 1 for the following shifts?
- 4 people from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- 10 people from 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Strathcona County Utilities is looking for a group to lend a hand and help make the Canada Day Festival waste-free! A $750 honorarium will be awarded for volunteering at the event.
Duties will include:
- Emptying the green organics carts at the pancake breakfast
- Assisting with pancake breakfast set up and clean up
- Handing out promotional products
- Monitoring waste/recycling/organics carts in the event area and educating festival attendees about Strathcona County’s The Green Routine
- Helping move waste and organics carts off the field for the fireworks
It is possible for more than one group to participate in this opportunity. The honorarium would be split between the participating groups.
For more information or to submit your group's information for consideration, please contact Erin Wildeboer.
Did you know?
Thanks to the help from our volunteers in 2018, we were able to save over 1000 kg of waste from this event from going to the landfill! We need your help to do it again this year.