Saffron Centre and KEYS combined efforts to create a supported, safe and connected community by co-hosting a presentation called Cyberworld: A Caregiver’s Guide to Raising Healthy Digital Citizens.
The community presentation was an opportunity for caregivers/parents and other adult leaders to build their capacity to support their youth by:
- increasing their knowledge about digital media.
- learning how they can help youth safely navigate and integrate technology into their daily lives.
- understanding how digital media can be used as a beneficial tool to interact with others.
- empowering caregivers/parents to engage in conversations about appropriate and inappropriate technology use.
- fostering respectful connections between caregivers/parents and youth regarding technology.
Download our Safe Online Experiences handout from the event:
- A PDF resource offered by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection.
- A PDF resource offered by Public Safety Canada and Media Smarts.
- Tipsheet provided by Media Smarts.
- A website the helps teens stop the spread of sexual pictures videos and provides support along the way.
Care to give us your feedback from the event?