Family School Liaison Program
Is your child struggling in school or at home? Is their success being affected by emotional or behavioural difficulties?
We Can Help
Family School Liaison is a goal-based early intervention program that supports school-aged children and their families when situations in life challenge a child’s success.
The FSLW will support the family in:
- Build coping skills
- Learn positive strategies to deal with emotions
- Strengthen family relationships
- Improve family and school communication
- Coordinate services with other community agencies
Potential reasons to call
- Family relationship concerns
- Divorce and blended families
- Parenting support and strategies
- Anger and emotion management
- Coping Skills
- Self-esteem concerns
- Child development concerns
- Grief and loss
- Improving communication in the family or with the school
Who is eligible?
Families with school-aged children experiencing an emotional or behavioural difficulty are eligible for FSL services. Children must be enrolled in a school within Strathcona County.
Contact: Family and Community Services