Commemorative Names Registry
In 2010, the Commemorative Names Registry was created to blend Strathcona County’s rich history with the naming and renaming of development areas, roads, parks, and public facilities
To be considered for addition to the Commemorative Names Registry, proposed names are required to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The name of an individual or family who is regarded as an influential or prominent pioneer, homesteader, entrepreneur, or community leader within Strathcona County, the Province of Alberta, or Canada.
- The name of an individual or family whose accomplishments are performed in an outstanding manner or to an uncommonly high standard that brings recognition to Strathcona County, the Province of Alberta, or Canada.
- The name of an individual or family who has shown excellence, courage, or exceptional dedication to public service or community activities in Strathcona County, the Province of Alberta, or Canada.
- The name of a retired or deceased political figure who served in Strathcona County or represented Strathcona County in a Provincial or Federal setting.
- A name, other than that of an individual or family, that holds historical significance to, celebrates the culture and heritage of, or reflects the geography, landscape or character of Strathcona County, the Province of Alberta, or Canada.
Planning & Development Services