Large item pickup
If your large item(s) were out for collection by 7:30 a.m. on your designated day and were missed, please call us by 10 a.m. the next business day so we can arrange for collection.
Large item 2013 collection days:
For Strathcona County waste collection customers only.
|Regular collection day||Large item collection day spring event||Large item collection day fall event|
|Monday||May 27||September 23|
|Tuesday||May 21||September 17|
|Wednesday||May 29||September 25|
|Thursday||May 23||September 19|
|Friday||May 31||September 27|
Do you have broken furniture or appliances, old mattresses, or any other non-reusable large or heavy-household items?
Leave items at the curbside with your other garbage by 7:30 a.m. on your regular garbage collection day and we will haul them away for you.
- Houses with back alleys must have large items put out at the front of your property for collection.
- Homes in the rural area will have large items tagged and collected later that day or the next day
All items must be less than six feet by three feet (1.8 metres x 0.9 metres) and weigh less than 200 lbs. (90 kg).
Some examples of acceptable items for collection include:
- fridges (doors removed)
- washer and dryers
- freezers (doors removed)
- barbecues (no tanks)
- lawnmower (all fluids drained)
- rain barrels
- snowblower (all fluids drained)
- lawn furniture
- wheel barrow
Please remove doors and lids to fridges and freezers, and make sure the coolant system is not damaged. Items with fuel or oil tanks (barbecues, lawn mowers etc.) must have fuel or oil tanks drained. Fuel and fuel tanks can be taken to an Enviroservice event.
Items which are not acceptable for collection include:
- computers (monitors, towers, key boards, speakers, mice)
- desktop printer
- car parts
- assembled swing sets
- items larger than 1.8 metres (six feet) in length
- items weighing more than 200 lbs.
Various electronics not collected may be e-cycled .
For various items not collected, they may be accepted at:
- Enviroservice event located at 420 Streambank Ave, Sherwood Park
- One of the Eco Station located in Edmonton,
- Edmonton Waste Management Centre located at 13111 Meridian Street.
There is a limit of two items per household.
This service is for Strathcona County waste collection subscribers only.
Do you have unwanted household items that are reusable?
Check out your options