Large item pickup
Large item 2016 collection days:
For Strathcona County waste collection customers only.
|Regular collection day||Large item collection days|
|Monday||April 25 and October 17|
|Tuesday||May 3 and October 11|
|Wednesday||April 27 and October 19|
|Thursday||May 5 and October 13|
|Friday||April 29 and October 21|
Do you have broken furniture or appliances, old mattresses, or any other non-reusable large or heavy-household items?
Leave items at the curbside with your other garbage by 7:30 a.m. on your regular garbage collection day and we will haul them away for you. Items may be collected by different trucks.
- Houses with back alleys must have large items put out at the front of your property for collection.
- Homes in the rural area will have large items tagged and collected later that day or the next day.
- Put a note on items (basketball and hockey nets, lawn mowers, wheel barrows, rain barrels etc.) to help identify it as being out for pick up.
All items must be less than six feet by three feet (1.8 metres x 0.9 metres) and weigh less than 200 lbs. (90 kg).
Some examples of acceptable items for collection include:
- fridges (doors removed)
- washer and dryers
- freezers (doors removed)
- mattress and box spring
- barbecues (no tanks)
- lawnmower (all fluids drained)
- rain barrels
- snowblower (all fluids drained)
- lawn furniture
- wheel barrow
Please remove doors and lids to fridges and freezers, and make sure the coolant system is not damaged. Items with fuel or oil tanks (barbecues, lawn mowers etc.) must have fuel or oil tanks drained. Fuel and fuel tanks can be taken to an Enviroservice event.
Different trucks collect different items, and where possible, items are sent to be recycled.
Items which are not acceptable for collection include:
- computers (monitors, towers, key boards, speakers, mice)
- desktop printer
- car parts
- assembled swing sets
- items larger than 1.8 metres (six feet) in length
- items weighing more than 200 lbs.
Various electronics not collected may be e-cycled .
For various items not collected, they may be accepted at:
- Enviroservice event located at 420 Streambank Ave, Sherwood Park
- One of the Eco Station located in Edmonton,
- Edmonton Waste Management Centre located at 13111 Meridian Street.
There is a limit of two items per household.
This service is for Strathcona County waste collection subscribers only.
Remember during Large item weeks to keep items that are not to be collected (basketball nets, bikes, wheel barrows etc.) away from the end of your driveway so they are not accidentally picked up.
Do you have unwanted household items that are reusable?
Check out your options