Burning household garbage
Strathcona County residents are not permitted to burn household garbage on properties five acres in size or smaller.
Smoke and odours from burning plastics, food scraps and other garbage are unpleasant for the neighbours. They're also harmful to the environment, and a safety hazard.
Here are recycling stations and other options for disposal of household waste.
Recycle at Strathcona County Recycling Stations
- Baseline Road Recycling Station, 624 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
- Streambank Avenue Recycling Station, 420 Streambank Avenue, Sherwood Park
- Ardrossan Recycling Station, Ardrossan Recreation Complex
- Josephburg Recycling Station, Moyer Recreation Centre
- South Cooking Lake Recycling Station at the South Cooking Lake Fire Hall
Provides year-round disposal of household hazardous waste at three Edmonton locations:
- 5150 - 99 Street
- 14710 Ellerslie Road SW
- 11440 - 143 Street
Clover Bar Landfill
North of Highway 16 on Meridian Street
Minimum disposal fee is $17.
780-442-5311 for 24-hour recorded information.
Fort Saskatchewan Transfer and Recycling Station
8609 - 111 Street, Fort Saskatchewan.
780-992-6152 for hours and rates.
Lindbrook Transfer Station
Less than one kilometre south of Highway 14 on Range Road 201.
780-662-2704 for hours and rates.
Consider Weekly waste collection
Strathcona County offers weekly collection service to all County residents. It's convenient and economical. Large items are also picked up twice a year.