Jim Common Drive Traffic Calming Project
Thanks to all residents who attended our open house on January 19, 2017 or filled out the online survey. Read the report (8.4 MB) summarizing resident feedback.
Final recommendations will be presented to Council on March 14. More information about Council meetings is available here.
Jim Common Drive South and North are tentatively scheduled for rehabilitation in 2017. Residents are encouraged to participate in the traffic calming project to address traffic and pedestrian safety concerns on these roads.
Jim Common Drive South
- Residents have expressed concerns with traffic speed and pedestrian safety on Jim Common Drive South.
- Data collected shows traffic speeds in excess of the 50 km/h speed limit.
Jim Common Drive North
- Resident concerns about the trail crossing on the southern end of the road and near the playground.
- Residents were supportive of the 2013 temporary speed hump pilot project located near the playground.
In October 2016, workshops and an online survey were conducted to gather resident concerns and priorities. The summary report is available here. (491.2 KB)
This is the project timeline (88.2 KB) that will be used in the decision-making for this traffic calming initiative.
Strathcona County is committed to working with residents and other stakeholders to develop a solution that is economically viable, technically feasible, environmentally compatible and publicly acceptable. Public engagement for this initiative is being conducted at the “Listen and Learn” level. Learn more about the County’s Public Engagement Policy and Framework here.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our e-newsletter to stay up-to-date on the progress of the project.
- Transportation Planning and Engineering
- Phone: 780-464-8279
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org