2013 Stuff-A-Bus Campaign
Thank you to everyone who donated to 2013 Stuff-A-bus
This year we collected 5900 kg of food and over $1650! Thank you to everyone who brought food to the bus and to all the volunteers who made this event a success.
Unfortunately, the need never ends and continues to grow every year, so please don't forget about the food bank all year round.
About Strathcona County Food Bank:
- It has been in operation since 1983
- In that time they have helped over 94, 000 people.
- Strathcona County Food Banks support residents of both Sherwood Park and rural Strathcona County.
- Families and individuals can apply to use the food bank services once every 30 days
- In 2012, just under 4500 people used the services of the food bank in our County.
- Hampers provided to clients will allow them to eat for 3-5 days.
- The Food Bank is 100% volunteer run. There is no paid staff.
- The board of director is also all volunteers who actively work within the food bank weekly.
- Currently, there are 85 volunteers who work one shift a weekly.
All donations are greatly appreciated. If you are not sure what to contribute, here are some of the most needed items requested by the food bank.
In 2013, our partners included:
Strathcona County Transit's mission:
To provide local, intermunicipal and specialized public transit services for the community that are Customer-focused, Accessible, Reliable, Efficient and Safe (CARES).