New Year's Eve Festival
Wednesday, December 314 p.m - 8 p.m.
Broadmoor Lake Park, Community Centre and Festival Place
Ring in 2015 with a night of FREE Winter Wonderland family fun and entertainment
Sherwood Park Mall Fireworks
Broadmoor Lake Park at 8 p.m.
An unforgettable experience for the entire family on a playground made of ice and snow.
- Ice slide
- Ice maze
- Snow building activities
- Free hot chocolate at the picnic shelter from Investors Group
- Fire performance at 7:30 p.m.
- Community shinny hockey 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (Remember your sticks! Also, use the skate check so you don't have to carry around your skates all night.)
- Sherwood Park Figure Skating Club performance 7 p.m.
- Family fun skating from 4 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.
- Rohit photobooth
- Face painting
- Blacklight activities (painting, sensory play, giant light bright, hula hoop demos)
- Carnival land
- Indoor skating
- Shinny hockey
- Figure skating show
G & J Parking Lot Maintenance Winter Walk Prairie Walk (Connects Festival Place and Community Centre)
- Snow sculptures
- Campfire cooking
- Cabane a sucre
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides ($1/person - tickets are being sold in advance at the Recreation Administration Office , 2025 Oak Street. Any remaining tickets will be available at the event.)
- Fire dancing at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Velcro wall
- Salto Gymnastics interactive family fun zone
- Bandana making
- Marshmallow shootout
- Gold panning and rope lasso
- Stick horse making
- Petting zoo
- Strathcona County Library
- Education Station
- Parent Link
- Facepainting and glitter tattoos
- Pedal tractors
- Toddler western town and family chill zone by the gallery@501
**outdoor activities are weather dependent.
- Sherwood Park Arena and Sports Centre (Sherwood Park Kings Club)
- Festival Place (Family Affair Catering)
- Community Centre (Panago Pizza) will be open from 4 p.m. to 7:50 p.m.
Free Park 'N Ride
- Sherwood Park Transit Centre to Broadmoor Lake Park starts at 3:30 p.m. and runs every 15 minutes.
- Broadmoor Lake to Sherwood Park Transit Centre starts at 3:45 p.m. and departs in front of Festival Place running every half hour. Last shuttle is at 8:45 p.m.
- The bus stop is directly outside of the Festival Place front doors.
- Remember, local transit service in Sherwood Park is free after 6 p.m.
What should I bring to the Festival?
- Warm clothes
- A helmet, stick and skates for shinny hockey
- Skates and a helmet for on ice activities
On January 1 the FUN continues.
Free skating, hot chocolate, family crafts and more !
|Enbridge Pipelines||Sherwood Park Elks|
|G & J Parking Lot Maintenance||Sherwood Park Mall|
|Education Station||Sobeys Lakeland & Nottingham|
|Investors Group||Sunridge Ski Area|
|Sherwood Park Figure Skating Club||Sherwood Park News|
|Salto Gymnastics||Image Works|
|Sureway Construction Group of Companies|
|Broadmoor Auto Body Ltd.|
|Citizens on Patrol|
|Strathcona County Library|
Funding provided by