Fit for Now
Fit for Now is a program designed to introduce adults to Strathcona County Wellness Centres. Whether you are new to the gym or just need a refresher, this introductory session will teach you the essentials of exercise and physical activity.
Proper workout guidelines and exercise principles
- The importance of warm-ups and cool-downs
- Resistance training and stretching techniques
- Variations to cardio and strength training
- Helpful tips on exercise and nutrition
- The importance of goal setting and time management
- Wellness Centre etiquette
When and where is Fit for Now?
- Fit for Now is offered at Millennium Place, Ardrossan Recreation Complex and Glen Allan Recreation Complex.
- Fit for Now sessions are available seven days a week.
- Talk to one of our Fitness Technicians at the Wellness Desk to organize your Fit for Now session.
Be sure to wear comfortable clothes, running shoes and bring a water bottle.
What will I take away from Fit for Now?
Fit for Now will provide you with the knowledge and motivation to exercise safe and effectively. You will also receive a take-home program of the exercises and topics covered in your session.
What does Fit for Now cost?
Fit for Now is included in the Millennium Card or regular facility admission.
Contact our wellness staff for more information.
Ardrossan Recreation Complex 780-400-2079
Glen Allan Recreation Complex 780-410-6557
Millennium Place 780-416-7212