Open Space & Recreation Facility Projects
The Open Space and Recreation Facility Strategy (OSRFS) was approved by County Council on June 24, 2008. This strategy provides broad direction to how parks, natural areas, trails, and leisure and recreation facilities will develop over the next 15 years.
Expanding safe, affordable and accessible opportunities that promote healthy lifestyle choices for all ages is the focus of the strategy.
Major Construction Projects
Check out the February 2016 update for highlights on the status of facility construction projects.
February 2016 update
Other recent projects
- Brighton Bay Trail
- Ordze Park Trail
- Ardrossan boarded rink, leisure ice, trail and pedestrian bridge
- Broadmoor Lake Spray Park and Playground
- Cartwright Trail
Projects in the planning stage
- Concept design for Kinsmen Leisure Centre family change rooms
Upcoming public engagement
- Evaluating the outdoor aquatics including the new spray park
- Evaluating the Emerald Hills artificial turf after the first year of operation
Opportunities to be involved along the way
As planning for specific projects proceed, various levels of public engagement will occur with invested partners, community organizations and residents.
View in PDF format:OSRFS May 2014
OSRFS Strategy (approved June 2008)
View in PDF format: OSRFS June 2008