Education Programs for Schools
Providing cross-curriculum aligned visual literacy programs.
Gallery @ 501 offers cross-curriculum aligned visual literacy programs for grades K to 12.
For information on the new Bus Subsidy Program, please contact Kristene Miller, Education Programmer, at 780-410-8582.
This program is available for Elk Island Public and Elk Island Catholic K-12 schools visiting Strathcona County Art Gallery@501.
Exhibitions in the Gallery feature local, provincial and national artists that will directly engage the students with current contemporary artworks from across Canada. Exhibits change every six weeks and offer a variety of diverse art practices and art media.
- January 6 – February 26: Brandy Saturley, “Canadianisms: A Half Decade Inspires by Canada“
- March 3 – April 30: Diana Thorneycroft, “Oh Canada (I’m sorry)“
- May 8 – June 25: Local Strathcona Artists, “Strathcona Salon Series“
- July 7 – August 27: Joe Fafard, “Retailles“
- September 9 – October 22: Heather Cline, “Quiet Stories from Canadian Places“
- November 10 – December 22: Dr. Roberta Bondar, “Light in the Land – the Nature of Canada“
Learn more about…
- Outreach (Gr 7-12), French Programs (K-12) & Preschool
- How to book a program
- Program Options
- Professional Development for Teachers
Education Programs at Gallery @501 are based on the exhibitions scheduled throughout the year in the gallery. Programs are tailored to the grade level, and connect to a variety of subject matter within the Alberta Curriculum. The focus of our Education Programs is to provide an interconnected, multidisciplinary approach to learning.
Why learn through art?
Contemporary artwork challenges social thought and perceptions through music, math, language arts, sciences, social studies, social media and more. Visual literacy programs provide a more in-depth, substantial experience for the students inspiring communication, flexibility, forward thinking, problem solving, creativity and innovation.
Want to book a program for your school?
Please contact Kris Miller at 780-410-8582 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.