Commercial and industrial permitting
Strathcona County's commercial development is concentrated in the Sherwood Park Urban Service Area. In the Rural Service Area, commercial development tends to be highway oriented through highway/tourist commercial uses or in the hamlets.
Strathcona County encourages complimentary commercial development, which will enhance the County's commitment to maintain and enhance the environment for future generations.
Quick links for permitting process
- New commercial and industrial projects - permitting process when constructing a new building
- New business tenant - relocating or starting a business in an existing building
- Tenant improvement - renovating or expanding an existing business
- Sign regulations - information on signs and permitting requirements
- Permit application forms - options on how to apply
- Home business - permitting process for operating a business from home
We recommend that in addition to reviewing this information, you contact Planning and Development Services at 780-464-8080 to discuss your project.
Planning and Development Services:
- Phone: 780-464-8080
- Fax: 780-464-8142
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org