Preschool Instructor II (Kinsmen Leisure Centre)
Competition number: PSII-RPC
Closing date: None
Competition status: Ongoing
Job type: Part time
Department: Recreation, Parks & Culture
Pay range: $21.95 to $27.44 (hourly)
Hours: Part-time as required (days/evenings/weekends)
The Preschool Instructor II will plan and prepare a well balanced preschool program to enhance the social, emotional and physical development of preschool children.
- Develop course material and curriculum based on learning objectives and create detailed daily activities and schedules
- Instruct up to 20 children promoting social, emotional and intellectual growth
- Model behaviours, observe children and conduct assessments to modify programs to meet the needs to the individual children
- Create a safe environment for children through regular inspections by following safety policies and procedures
- Communicate with childrens’ guardians regarding any concerns, issues, allergies or health problems
- Knowledge of additional programs and resources within the community
- Participate in training sessions and meetings for the purpose of sharing information and improving skills and knowledge
- Early Childhood Development Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Proven communication, leadership and team-building skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team in a constantly changing environment
- A high degree of creativity, flexibility and problem-solving ability
- Receptiveness to feedback from supervisors and parents
- The ability to deal with parents in a positive, professional and constructive way
- Maintain current first aid and CPR award, WHMIS certification, RCMP records check and Child Welfare check
- Outstanding customer service skills
- The flexibility to adapt to changing work demands
- Must be receptive to feedback from supervisors and parents
- Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to undergo a criminal records check
Or mail your application to:
Strathcona County Human Resources
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We contact only candidates selected for interviews
Back to Careers
How to apply
Current career opportunities
- Active: Accepting applications until 11:59 pm MST on the closing date.
- Screening: Applications are under review.
- Interviewing: Applicants have been selected for interviews.
- Closed: A candidate has been selected and/or competition has closed.
- Ongoing: Accepting applications, which will be reviewed on an as-needed basis.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Only those candidates chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted.