Transportation and Agriculture Services
(Seasonal – Multiple Positions)
The Operator II may perform assignments in either urban or rural Strathcona County.
- Operate trucks and one or more pieces of heavy duty equipment used in road and street maintenance and construction such as motor grader, dozer, packer, truck-plow and loader
- Maintain equipment records and work reports
- Work with minimum supervision
- Oversee work being performed by other staff, as assigned
- Minimum class three valid Alberta motor vehicle operator’s licence with air brake endorsement
- Experience in the operation, care and maintenance of heavy duty equipment and trucks
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to operate equipment in a safe manner
- Exhibit initiative and responsibility when operating equipment
- Ability to carry out written and verbal instructions
The hourly rate for this position is $27.74 to $28.95, as per the AUPE Collective Agreement, working an average of 40 hours per week. This will include shift work during the winter season and may involve overtime.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience operating a grader.
Competition #221-2013-TAS is open until suitable candidates are found.