Information Technology Services
The successful candidate in this newly created position will report to the Director, Information Technology Services (ITS) and will support the Director and Managers by assuming responsibility for the department’s financial accounting and reporting functions. The incumbent will analyze financial and business information, provide financial reporting, participate in strategic planning and will lead the ITS management team through the budget and financial reporting processes.
- Manage the budgeting process for the department by coordinating, developing, balancing and managing the preparation and submission of operating and capital budgets, capital plans and develop cash flow scenarios.
- Responsible for the financial processing & tracking functions within ITS. This will include managing accounts payable, develop and maintain systems for all variance reports, reserve request and cost centre status reports, analyze financial information, train and mentor the management team on financial matters, assist staff in developing controls and processes.
- Act a resource to department staff in IT infrastructure and lifecycle planning providing support to manage the financial reserves and software life cycle planning and ensuring that reserve balances are appropriate.
- Establish and monitor internal financial controls for department procurement activities.
- Participate in ITS strategic planning activities which includes review of business plans, developing proposals and scenarios and working with County staff (including those in Financial Services) to support corporate policies and processes.
- A business diploma with 3 years of accounting experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed or are working towards an accounting designation.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles with experience maintaining a complex set of accounting, project and budget records.
- Extensive understanding of budget processes and capital management assets.
- Ability to forecast future financial implications from current practices, to perform analysis of financial and budget information.
- Demonstrated initiative, professional judgement and leadership ability.
- Knowledge of IT concepts would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues or inefficiencies, to develop and assess solutions, and present recommendations to resolve or improve processes
The annual salary range for this permanent position is $64,574 to $80,717, working 35 hours per week.
Competition #209-2014-ITS closes November 23, 2014.
Strathcona County Human Resources
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We contact only candidates selected for interviews