The Snow Buster volunteers are an essential part of making it a life-changing experience for our community, whether it's for the season or on a casual basis.
Looking to make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals within your community? Apply to be a Snow Buster Volunteer! The Snow Buster members:
Help to build a stronger and safer community and create an opportunity for an important connection
"As one person I cannot change the world,
But I can change the world of one person."
-Paul Shane Spear
What is Snow Busters?
Volunteer your time to help a senior with snow clearing to remain in their homes safely. The Snow Busters community program matches qualified seniors with volunteers who commit to clearing ice and snow from a senior's walkway or driveway within 72 hours after each snowfall.
Your help will:
- Enable a senior to remain in his/her home safely
- Prevent injuries due to slips and falls
Will you help your neighbour? County citizens are encouraged to do their own "snow busting!" Simply offer to help a senior in your neighbourhood.
Flexible with when and how long
Help a senior through the winter or join the casual Snow Buster's team (help on a casual basis)
We try and match you with a senior who lives close to you.
What are the qualifications?
- Desire to help someone within your community
- Teens over the age of 14 years
- Teams or Groups
How do I join the team?
It's easy, submit a:
- Snow Busters Application (108.5 KB) (Please use the application's "Submit" button.)
- Criminal records check if your are older than 18 years of age. You will receive with a letter to provide the RCMP indicating you are a volunteer for Snow Busters.
Would like to know more information? Or are you ready to join the team?
Contact Snow Busters at:
- Phone: 780-464-4044
- Fax: 780-449-1220
- Email: FamilyandCommunity@strathcona.ca
Thank you to the individuals on the Snow Buster's team. Your hard work, dedication and commitment truly are the heart and soul of our community.