Lawn Busters - Need help with lawn care
Many local seniors need help with mowing their lawns. This is a flexible volunteer opportunity. Volunteer to help a senior throught the season or add your name to a casual volunteer list. Call 780-464-4044
Are you ready to be a Lawn Buster?
Two ways to help make a difference for a senior.
- Take some extra time when caring for your own yard to give a neighbour a helping hand.
- Volunteer with the Lawn Busters program and be matched with a senior.
Volunteers may be:
- Teens over the age of 14
- Teams or groups
To volunteer, complete the Lawn Busters application form.
Why it is important
In the 2009 Seniors Plan (2.6 MB) Survey, County seniors indicated that assistance with home maintenance, such as yard work, is one of the best ways to help them remain in their homes longer.
Receiving assistance with lawn care:
- Helps seniors remain in their homes safely
- prevents injuries
- Encourages communityconnections.
To register in the program, seniors must meet the following criteria:
- Strathcona County resident aged 65 or over
- Physically unable to mow the lawn
- Have an annual income not exceeding $25,100 for an individual or $40,800 for a couple
Tofind out more, contact Lawn Busters at
780-464-4044 or email email@example.com