Strathcona County Family Day Homes
Looking for quality child care?
Formed in 1977, Strathcona County Family Day Homes is one of the oldest family day home programs in Alberta. Our family day home agency is accredited, ensuring a higher quality of child care that exceeds the regulatory requirements.
Why choose a family day home?
- Formal child care in a home setting
- Screening for criminal background and child intervention
- Regular safety reviews to meet government standards
- Flexible hours
- Sibling care
- Nutrious food based on Canada's Food Guide
- Ongoing monitering of the dayhome
- Regular training for providers
How can I get my child into a family day home?
For placement of a child in a family day home please fill out a child placement application.Application (64.2 KB)
For placement, child care consultation and information please call 780-464-4044.
What if I am interested in becoming a family day home provider?
We are always looking for new providers. If you enjoy working with children and have a desire to become self-employed call 780-464-4044.
What are the benefits of contracting with Strathcona County Family Day Homes?
- The agency refers families, you choose your clients
- Policies protect you, as the provider
- You receive training in childcare
- Ongoing agency support
- Group insurance
- Accreditation funding
- Access to many resources